Twinbleach double bleaching as a 3-MCPD/GE mitigation solution
As 3-MCPD esters are already formed at quite a low temperature (140°C), it is not possible to control or minimise their formation during deodorisation. Bleaching is therefore the most critical refining stage for the mitigation of 3-MCPD esters. Selection of the proper grade of bleaching earth (natural or non-HCl activated) is very important.
Physical refining of freshly washed CPO with use of natural bleaching earth can give low 3-MCPD ester levels depending on the CPO quality and the efficiency of the washing process.
The second step in mitigating 3-MCPD/GE is the use of Twinbleach double bleaching to allow the use of various adsorbants (bleaching earths, silicas, silicates, etc.) in a double bleaching process to improve the adsorption of impurities still present such as residual soap and residual gums.
- More efficient adsorption
- Allowing double filtration
- Optimal control of critical parameters
- Steam agitated bleachers for optimum absorption and low maintenance
- Easy maintenance
- Proven design, experience of 900+ Bleachers
- Lower 3-MCPD/GE precursors
- High uniform bleached oil quality
- Very low elements