Energy savings at their best in the preparation process
Soybean preparation plants use substantial steam in the Conditioning process to heat the
seed prior to Flaking. With new SOLEX solid/liquid plate heat exchanger technology available,
the seed can be preheated in the Conditioning process with hot water rather than steam.
Heating seed with hot water opens the opportunity to recover latent heat from the humid vapour stream from the Desmet Ballestra Rotary Steam Tube Meal Dryer.
- Saves up to 40 kg of steam per ton of seed (70% in seed conditioning heat recovery and 30% in more energy effective meal drying)
- Reduces odours from the humid vapour stream leaving the Rotary Steam Tube Meal Dryer
- Maximises meal dryer vapour heat recovery by pre-saturating the vapour stream before entering the heat exchanger
- Reduces tube fouling by increasing vapour velocity through the condenser tubes
- Reduces tube fouling by recirculating condensed vapours over the tube sheet
- Reduces meal dryer vapour heat exchanger fouling by continuously washing the tubes
- Protects against water circuit corrosion by maintaining the circuit free of air
The patented E-Comyser™ Condenser is a vertical shell and tube heat exchanger, with hot humid air on the tube side and circulated water on the shell side.