Cake is very fragile when exiting a screw press, and prone to disintegrate into fines. By gentle handling of the cake under moderate aspiration in the first minutes after discharging the press, the cake protein structure becomes «crisped» and provides a durable cake, ready for conveying to extraction.
Desmet Ballestra has designed a new Cake Crisper delivering high quality cake to Extraction.
• Immediate structuring of the cakes leads to improved extraction percolation rates and lower residual oil in extracted meal.
• Fully integrated with press to eliminate intermediate conveyance
• Countercurrent aspiration air flow from Cake Crisper up through press discharge to immediately remove surface moisture and minimize air flow
• Automatic cake level control -Less air used (3 to 4 times less) compared to traditional cake coolers
• Less odour=less downstream treatment compared to traditional cake coolers.
For further information, contact the nearest Desmet Ballestra office.