It all started in 1946, when an engineer from Antwerp (Belgium), Mr.Jean-Albert De Smet succeeded in designing and developing the first technical process for the continuous extraction of oil from beans and seeds.
Today after 70 years, Desmet Ballestra is the world leader in the fields of engineering and supply of plants and equipment for:
• The Oils and Fats and Animal Feed industries,
• The Oleochemical and Biodiesel industries,
• The Detergents, Surfactants and related Chemical industries.
Desmet Ballestra benefits from a great worldwide reputation, thanks to 70 years of unequalled experience, a strong R&D capacity and the most extensive customer base in the industry.
Desmet Ballestra’s R&D Team is composed of professionals specialized in Oils & Fats, Oleochemicals and Detergent, Surfactant & Chemical processes, using the most comprehensive set of technological resources and equipment.
Desmet Ballestra is present in all major market areas of the world through its integrated business units located in Northern and Central America (USA, Mexico), South America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia), Asia & Far East (PR China, Singapore, Malaysia), India and Europe (Belgium, France, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Spain, United Kingdom).
The Desmet Ballestra impressive track record was possible thanks to 3 major facts
• The loyalty & dedication of the Desmet Ballestra personnel
• The confidence of our customers in Desmet Ballestra and our Technologies
• The continuous support of the Desmet Ballestra shareholders