The NTD Non Tower Detergent production technology, based on the KETTEMIX reactor, has been developed by Desmet Ballestra to meet the worldwide market requirements for detergent powder production with reduced energy demand and manufacturing costs, without limitation to the physical, chemical and performance characteristics of the products.
Desmet Ballestra know-how for the producing of high-quality detergent powder and its unique expertise achieved with the supply of more than 550 spray-drying plants all over the world have merged into the design of this reliable, easy to operate NTD plant.
Desmet Ballestra NTD process is based on the principle of agglomeration between solid and liquid components.
The process includes the following steps:
- solid and liquid raw materials handling and dosing
- dry neutralization and agglomeration in the Kettemix reactor
- product drying/cooling in fluidized bed conditioner
- post addition of thermo-sensitive components
- detergent powder sieving, perfuming and distribution to packaging
The process equipment can be sized for production capacities from 2 to 20 t/h of detergent powder.
For medium/high plant capacity, the dosing of solid components can be performed by a fully automatic continuous dosing system, while for lower capacities, a blend of solid components is continuously dosed to the process after a batch type pre-mixing.
Main advantages of the NTD technology
- limited investment costs
- high production flexibility in terms of powder formulation and physical characteristics:
- total active matter content: up to 25%
- powder bulk density: 500 to 1,000 gr/lt
- low energy consumption
- ease to operate with limited manpower requirements
- low installation costs
- reduced transportation costs
- short erection time
- limited building requirements
- environmentally friendly
- no gaseous nor aqueous effluents